Main task in the project was the improvement of local ventilation in electric arc furnace area in Copper Plant Glogow II (KGHM Polska Miedź S.A.).
The whole installation was divided into two parts:
- Hot part – Air from canopy hood and from charging hoppers (high CO and dusts content) – pumped into aftercombustion (designed by Bipromet) chamber as aftercombustion air.
- Cold part – Air from above of charging cars (low CO content, high dusts content) – pumped into aftercombustion chamber as cooling air.
General objective of the project was to improve environment conditions in working area of Electric Arc Furnace, and to reduce of CO emission from the furnace.
- On-site measurements
- Conceptual design
- Piping design and calculation (both stress and flow calculation, large pipe diameter, up to DN1200)
- Piping support calculation (LISEGA SYSTEM)
- Structural calculation for piping supports
- Design of charging car hoods
- Improvement of charging hoppers
- Improvement of canopy hood