The project was located in Copper Plant Głogów (KGHM Polska Miedź S.A.) and was a part of bigger modernization run by BIPROMET. The project included several tasks:
- Local gap-hoods for hot metal slag and cast runners,
- Manually operated rotary hoods for slag and cast runners,
- Remote operated, rotary hood with hydraulic propulsion for Bessemer slag charging runner,
- New double-grinders for service purposes, located over slag and cast runners,
- Hot vent air piping system connected to vent collector (temperature up to 250 C deg.),
- Vent collector connected to dust separator system (designed by BIPROMET),
- Compressed air system for throttle valves and other automated control devices,
- Hydraulic oil system for hydraulic driven hood,
- Piping and collector supports, structure recalculation.
The aim of the project was to increase significantly the HSE level in the area of electric arc furnace.